In submitting a research article ('article') to the Journal of Maps ('Journal of Maps') I agree to the following terms and conditions (which are applicable unless another agreement has previously been made in writing):
1. I am authorized by my co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
2. I warrant, on behalf of myself and my co-authors, that:
2.1. the article is original, has not been formally published in any other peer-reviewed journal, is not under consideration by any other journal and does not infringe any existing copyright or any other third party rights;
2.2. I am/we are the sole author(s) of the article and have full authority to enter into this agreement and in granting rights to Journal of Maps are not in breach of any other obligation. If the law requires that the article be published in the public domain, I/we will notify Journal of Maps at the time of submission upon which clauses 3 through 6 inclusive do not apply;
2.3. the article contains nothing that is unlawful, libellous, or which would, if published, constitute a breach of contract or of confidence or of commitment given to secrecy;
2.4. I/we have taken due care to ensure the integrity of the article. To my/our - and currently accepted scientific - knowledge all statements contained in it purporting to be facts are true and any formula or instruction contained in the article will not, if followed accurately, cause any injury, illness or damage to the user.
3. I/we retain copyright.
4. I/we grant to any third party, in advance and in perpetuity, the right to use, reproduce or disseminate the article, in its entirety or in part, in any format or medium provided that no substantive errors are introduced in the process, that proper attribution of authorship and correct citation details are given, and that the bibliographic details are not changed. If the article is reproduced or disseminated not in its entirety but only in part, this must be clearly and unequivocally indicated.
5. I/we grant to Journal of Maps (its successor and assigns) an irrevocable world-wide licence for the full term of copyright in the article to publish it and identify itself as the original publisher.
6. In the event that the article is not published, these terms and conditions shall cease to apply and neither I/we nor Journal of Maps shall have any further obligations towards the other in respect of the article or these terms and conditions.
7. These terms and conditions will apply to Journal of Maps, its licensees, assigns and successors in title.